Medicinal Garlic Soup
100 Times More Efficient Than Any Antibiotics!
- 5 whole garlic bulbs (not cloves!) cleaned and peeled
- 2 T butter
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 large sliced onions
- 1 T Mushroom Mama’s Shiitake powder
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- a bunch of fresh herbs: thyme, parsley, bay leaves ( you can use dried herbs as well)
- 1 cup of cultured sour cream (optional for dairy-free)
- 3 cups of stale gluten-free bread sliced into cubes (optional for croutons)
Preheat the oven 250. In the meantime, cut the heads off the garlic bulbs, brush them with coconut oil and wrap them in foil. Place the garlic in a pan, cook in the oven for 90 minutes.
Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a soup pot. Saute onion for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Grind the cooled garlic and put it in the pan with the onions. Whisk well, add the cut thyme and a handful of fresh herbs. Take the herbs out of the soup and then mix it in a blender until you get a semi creamy one. Put the soup back into the soup pot, add the sour cream and put some salt and pepper according to your taste. Enjoy this delicious and extremely healthy soup!
© Mushroom Mama, 2015. All rights reserved.