Boxed nut milk has too many ingredients and it’s easy to make our own. Buy the highest-quality nuts you can afford.
This nutmilk is super easy to make and the creaminess is divine! The soaked cashews blend easily and you don’t even need a high-tech blender to do a good job of making a high fiber, nutrient-dense, vegetarian-friendly milk that both children and adults enjoy.
Makes 5 cups:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups water (use less water for creamier consistency)
- If you choose, you can add sweetener or vanilla extract extract
- Soak nuts in water overnight (or at least 4 hours). Drain water
- Add the soaked cashews and water to blender and blend until nuts are totally pulverized. There is no reason to strain this milk. The cashews should pulverize easily.
- Store fresh cashew milk in a covered glass jar in the refrigerator. Shelf life is 3-4 days
Add to any Mushroom Mama Tea for a super yummy drink.”